I pledge to make my customers feel welcome and appreciated by using these 10 service standards at every opportunity. Beginning right now, I will do my part to make the U.S. Virgin Islands a more hospitable place to live and visit. I pledge to:
- Greet customers with a smile, eye contact, and positive body language.
- Acknowledge customers as soon as they approach my “hospitality zone”.
- Speak first and last to all customers. Be the first to say good morning, good afternoon and make sure to make a positive parting
remark such as, “Have a nice day!”
- Provide helpful and accurate information. Make useful recommendations.
- If I know the customer’s name, I’ll use it! (It makes customers feel special.)
- If I receive a customer complaint, I will listen, apologize and agree to a solution with the customer.
- Follow up on requests and inquires and make sure they are handled to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Answer the phone within four rings using a proper salutation, such as “Good day, may I help you?”
- Create a positive impression to customers with a neat appearance.
- Extend hospitality to fellow employees and customers.